Executive Assistant to the CEO
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to the CEO
JOB ID: HGEA2022
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive
DATE: November 2022
Howard Group was founded in 1935 and is a family-owned property and private equity investment business based in Cambridge. A leading regional property developer and investor, the Group owns and manages a sizeable portfolio of properties in Cambridge and elsewhere in the Southeast. Through Howard Capital, the Group invests in early-stage technology businesses.
Howard Group comprises three sub-teams; the Property Team oversees the Groups’ property interests, the Finance Team manage the internal and external accounting and finances for the company, and the Chief Executive’s Office oversees the strategic direction and smooth operation of the Group and the Family Office.
As a small team, we work together to support and deliver for the Group as a whole, and where there is a need, we each step in to do what is necessary, not confined by narrow role definitions.
Ensure continuity of administrative support to the CEO. Occasional support to the Board Chair, Non-Executive Directors and Family Office as required. Acting as secretariat for Board meetings, to include Company Secretarial support. Board Meeting preparation and coordination. Overseeing and ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the Head Office function.
Undertake ad hoc projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the office, including data management, negotiating Group supply contracts, and assisting with the onboarding of new joiners. Support group initiatives as required including HR, IT and marketing and communications activities as required.
- Provide full administrative support to the CEO.
- Oversee diary management and meeting coordination / support for the CEO.
- Prioritisation of emails, coordination and responses where necessary.
- Arrange travel and meeting plans (largely UK based).
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external relationships – often dealing with confidential or sensitive matters on behalf of the CEO.
- Supporting the CEO and wider team to coordinate external and ‘outreach’ events.
- Working closely with the CEO to prepare for and follow up on meetings, actions and preparing appropriate presentations, briefings and timetables.
- Assisting in the development of the Family Office, a new function that sits within the scope of responsibilities for the CEOs Office.
- Act as a contact and coordination point for the Company’s various membership organisations with which the Company and the CEO is involved.
- Liaison with NEDs and Family Shareholders to enable them to fulfil their roles efficiently and effectively.
- Coordination of internal meetings, (eg Board and Executive Team meetings). To include production of agendas and attending to take minutes and timely follow up of actions.
- Ensure continuity of support across Head Office for line managers to include the coordination of new joiners and leavers, oversight of the annual review process.
- Identify, plan and complete ad hoc projects which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Group, engaging stakeholders and managing timelines appropriately.
- Facilities: coordination with retained IT consultants, telecoms and other suppliers.
- Provide administrative support for the Howard Foundation, the Group’s charitable trust.
- Work with the Company’s ‘social committee’ in the coordination and organisation of company events during the year.
CEO, Exec Management Team, Non-Executive Directors, family members/shareholders, Property, Development & Finance Teams, external partners, visitors, Head Office suppliers.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Previous EA/PA experience at senior level (C-suite preferable).
- Proven experience in an Executive Administration role within a commercial environment.
- Excellent organisational and communications skills, time management and very strong attention to detail with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong and effective team player.
- Confidentiality and discretion, displaying a professional and flexible attitude and doing what is necessary to get the job done well.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and within a small and dynamic team, including exercising good judgement.
- Calm under pressure and the ability to work independently and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent levels of computer literacy.
- Experience in a family-owned firm.
- Background in the financial services sector.
- Experience with social media and digital marketing.
- Full-time hours – 37.5 hours per week
- Holiday entitlement, contributory pension scheme, gym membership, healthcare provision, cycle to work scheme.
- Please go to howard-ventures.com for company details and apply to: email@example.com quoting reference number: HGEA2022.
Candidate Information Pack Available